Monday, June 22, 2009

Mea Culpa

©Katy Grannan

It's been a very long time since I've blogged and I apologize.  Having gone back to work full time, the past four months have been a whirlwind.  I'll do my best to catch up with extra entries.  Most recently, I saw Into the Sunset: Photography's Image of the American West, a MOMA exhibit documenting the American West from 1850 to present. You could hardly enter a New York subway station without noticing the arresting promotional poster bearing Katy Grannan's photograph, Nicole, Crissy Field Parking Lot I 2006. 

Like the Eggleston retrospective, Into the Sunset was extensive, serving up many iconic photographers including David Levinthal, Cindy Sherman, Dorothea Lange, and Robert Frank.  I came away feeling a bit overwhelmed but also a little disjointed.

No comments: